Sunday, January 18, 2009

Adventure in Bakassi, Cameroon - Chapter 2


26 Dec 08, Around 11pm local time- when I reached Douala Airport.

When I walk out from the plane, I keep watching around for someone to pick me up. Usually there will be someone to pick me up before I reach immigration. But no on, so I just get out of immigration by myself. The immigration have no one, and we just go pass the immigration n the door is lock. All of us go back to Q up before immigration. heheheh. The immigration guy came and sat in his cubicle, we start to go and stamp our passport. (This thing also happened in Malaysia, when my colleague flew to remote area).

So many people were waiting for luggage. 3 flight landed almost same time. I have to wait for 30 mins before any luggage shows up. When it comes out, keep looking out for my luggage, that was the time my company guy saw me. He wore company jacket, so I know is him. We continue waiting for my luggage. Still no sight of my luggage when Kenya airline finish his luggages.

Seems like my whole plane doesn't have luggage delivered. Frustrated! How to survive tonight without my facial cleanser! We were told to come back tomorrow for missing luggage. We go to staff house a.k.a Duoala Office, be given a room with a towel and a soap bar by Petar admin. Bed is not springy. It became flat when i sat on it. My poor face, already ugly, now have to be abused by hard soap bar. wah! not cute anymore!!! The result of washing my face with soap bar: many small biji meat appear on my forehead and cheekbone. So sad.

Lesson to be learned: pack enough clothes for 3 days in backpack.

Cont....

No comments: